As we all know, India’s Constitution was adopted on 26th November 1949 and it came into force on 26th January 1950, marking the beginning of a new era in the history of modern India. In the year 2015, the Government of India decided to observe 26th November as the ‘Constitution Day’ or ‘Samvidhan Divas’. The Commemoration Function of ‘Samvidhan Divas’ was addressed by Hon’ble President of India, Hon’ble Vice President and Hon’ble Prime Minister of India at Central Hall, Parliament House on 26.11.2020 from 11:00 am onwards. The program was aired by Doordarshan, Lok Sabha TV, and Rajya Sabha TV.
In this regard, as per the D.O No F.I-62/2019 dated 19th November 2020 from UGC, Asian Education Group organized a small program for the same. As per the requirements of UGC, the following arrangements were made:
- Arrangements to watch live streaming/telecast of the celebration of ‘Constitution Day’ or Samvidhan Divas’ in Parliament House on 26.11.2020 from 11:00 Hrs onwards.
- Arrangements for reading the Preamble of the Constitution of India on 26.11.2020 prior to live streaming.
- Immediately after the 26.11.2020 program, uploading of the details regarding the number of students, faculty and staff members who participated/watched the live streaming and uploading of good quality two-three photographs on the web portal or http://kartavya.ugc.ac.in.
- Uploading a short video (Edited) of max. 3 to 4 minutes on YouTube and share the link with the above-mentioned web portal (@Point 3).
- Posting of the photos and videos related to the Constitution Day celebration program on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
The faculty and staff members of Asian Law College were also present during the commemoration function. A total of 38 faculty and staff members of the institute participated in the commemoration along with 218 students who attended the commemoration function virtually.
The program started at 10.47 a.m. Ms. Anukta Gairola was the master of ceremony. To begin with, Mr. Ashiah Bharadwaj, HoD, Asian Law College, made the gathering aware of the Preamble to the Constitution. He also administered the Preamble to the gathering. The live streaming of the program started at 11.00 with National Anthem. The program was concluded at 12.30 p.m.