Asian Law College ( ALC) HAS A ZERO-TOLERANCE POLICY TOWARDS SEXUAL HARASSMENT.
SEXUAL MISCONDUCT WILL BE MET WITH A STRICT DISCIPLINARY ACTION
- Don’t make any sexually coloured verbal or non-verbal remarks or gestures, explicit or implicit.
- Don’t ask any inappropriate questions, make suggestions or remarks about a person’s sexuality.
- Don’t make any unwanted physical contacts or advances.
- Don’t demand or request for any form of sexual favours.
- Don’t abuse your authority or power.
- Don’t share or show any form of pornography.
- Don’t stalk anyone including cyber stalking.
- Don’t indulge in any form of voyeurism.
- Don’t tolerate any sexual misconduct in your presence.
- Raise your voice against sexual harassment and approach the appropriate authority without any delay.
- Show your discomfort, if you are feeling uncomfortable by someone’s action, comment or gesture.
- Familiarise yourself with the laws and guidelines for Prevention of Sexual Harassment.
STEPS TO RAISE YOUR VOICE AGAINST SEXUAL HARASSMENT
MEMBERS IN THE COMMITTEE :
- Dr. Prity Sharma – Presiding Officer
- Ms Anurita Yadav – Member (Faculty Member)
- Mr. Akshay keshav Pradhan – Member (Faculty Member)
- Mr. Ravi Sharma – Member (Non- Teaching Employee)
- Dr. Sunita Verma – Member (Non- Teaching Employee)
- Mr. Lalit Kumar – Third Party Representative
- Ms. Debanjali Chakraborty – Student Representative,
- Ms. Ishanya Gangwar – Student Representative,
- Mr. Ranjeet Saw – Student Representative,
- Ms. Sanskriti Gupta – Student Representative,
Note– All the above prohibited acts amount to Sexual Harassment under the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 and are also a criminal offences under the Indian Penal Code, 1860 and few under the Information Technology Act, 2000.