Starting a new course in a new college do make students inquisitive about lot of academic and non- academic concerns. They have many questions in their mind like “What type of college environment is there in the particular institution?” “Where to go seek advice and support ? ” Such questions unrest the students and causes anxiety in their mind . Orientation programme helps students to find solution to such kind of initial issues.
Orientation is also known as induction. Orientation programme is organized in all colleges including best law colleges in India offering 5-year BA-LLB & 3-year LLB degree programs, as an ice breaking event marking the first interaction of students with their college. In the orientation programme, colleges, are pleased to host World famous personalities in order to set the momentum and adhere proper guidance and motivation to new students who have just begin their professional academic voyage of Law.
Orientation programme for law students in top BA LLB & LLB colleges in India like the Asian Law College (ALC) Noida help the students to understand their curriculum better , expected code of conduct, Internship and placements pre- requisites etc of the colleges. Apart from this, there are many vital role of the Orientation programme that can be briefly enumerated as below:
- Students are introduced to their college and its academic infrastructure like library, information technology, computer labs, etc. which helps them in their personal and academic goals.
- Students are familiarized with other senior students, academic and non academic staffs.
- students get introduced to their academic advisor which in turn helps students to get familiar with their academic environment.
- comprehensive information is provided which help the students to gain knowledge.
- students get to know their peer groups which helps them to develop their interpersonal skills