India’s Constitution was adopted on November 26, 1949, and came into force on January 26, 1950, marking the beginning of a new era in the history of India. The Government in 2015 decided to observe 26th November as ‘Constitution Day’ or ‘Samvidhan Divas’. The Commemoration Function of ‘Samvidhan Divas’ was addressed by Hon’ble President of India, Hon’ble Vice President and Hon’ble Prime Minister of India at Central Hall, Parliament House on 26.11.2019 from 11:00 am onwards. The program was aired by Doordarshan, Lok Sabha TV, and Rajya Sabha TV.
In this regard, as per the D.O No F.I-62/2019 dated 19th November from UGC, the AEG organized a small program for the same. As per the requirements of UGC, the following arrangements were made.
- Arrangements to watch live streaming/telecast of the celebration of ‘Constitution Day or Samvidhan Divas’ in Parliament House on 26.11.2019 from 11:00Hrs onwards.
- Arrangements for reading the preamble of the constitution of India on 26.11.2019 prior to live streaming
- Immediately after the 26.11.2019 program, uploading of the details regarding no. of students, faculty and staff members participated/watched the live streaming and uploading of good quality Two-three photographs on the web portal or http://kartavya.ugc.ac.in.
- Uploading a short video (Edited) of max. 3 to 4 minutes on YouTube and share the link with the above-mentioned web portal (@Point 3).
- Posting of the photos and videos related to the Constitution Day celebration program on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
The Asian Law College faculty and staff members were also present during the commemoration function. A total of 38 faculty and staff members of the institute participated in the commemoration along with 218 students attended the commemoration function.
The program started at 10.47 a.m. Ms. Shovonita Acharjee was the master of ceremony. To begin with, Ms. Anurita Yadav, made the gathering aware of the Preamble to the Constitution.
After that the Prof (Dr.) Priya A Sondhi, Associate Dean (Academics) administered the Preamble to the gathering. The live streaming of the program started at 11.00 with National Anthem. The program was concluded at 12.30 p.m.