It is an entrance test conducted by Bar Council of India at national Level which test the professional skills of law students in order to practice law as a profession in India. The test is designed to explore the basic understanding of law and the application of law. It is an open book examination with multiple choice questions. All those who qualify the examination are given Certificate of Practice by Bar Council of India (BCI).
Candidate must be a law graduate and enrolled with any of the State Bar Council of India. The aspirant must hold a valid degree of Law from a recognized law university. There is no age limit to appear for AIBE.
Instructions to Register for AIBE
• Candidate can register themselves on the link provided below.
• Please keep all documents ready and upload them i.e. Photograph, Signature & Enrolment Certificate
• It is mandatory that all the documents are self -attested. Any document uploaded without Self attestation will be rejected.
• In case candidate have entered any wrong information or uploaded a wrong document, they can get it rectified by mailing the correction along with their registration number on firstname.lastname@example.org, before the release of admit card.
• Any rectification requests received after the release of admit card will be sent to the council for approval, any inconvenience caused due to the same will be the responsibility of the candidate.
• Candidates DO NOT have to send any document by post.
• Candidate must keep a print out of the application form for reference.
• Candidate must enter the correct email and contact number as these will be used for all further communications.
Syllabus for AIBE
|S. No.||Topic/ Subject||Number of Questions|
|2||I.P.C (Indian Penal Code)||8|
|3||Cr.P.C(Criminal Procedure Code)||10|
|4||C.P.C (Code of Civil Procedure)||10|
|6||Alternative Dispute Redressal including Arbitration Act||4|
|8||Public Interest Litigation||4|
|10||Professional Ethics & Cases of Professional Misconduct under BCI rules||4|
|14||Labour & Industrial Laws||4|
|15||Law of Tort, including Motor Vehicle Act and Consumer Protection Law||5|
|16||Law related to Taxation||4|
|17||Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Property Laws, Negotiable Instrument Act||8|
|18||Land Acquisition Act||2|
|19||Intellectual Property Laws||2|
Importance of AIBE Examination
The candidates who pass the examination successfully are awarded certificate of Practice by Bar Council of India which authorizes them to practice law anywhere in India. The candidates who are in possession of the certificate have the deemed authority to practice law as an advocate in the court of law. The passing of the examination can be seen as empowerment in the hands of the law aspirant who desires to make a career in legal profession.
Role of Asian Law College in clearing the AIBE Examination
The significance attached to AIBE examination is well dealt by Asian Law College (ALC) as college has devised the teaching pedagogy which helps the aspirants in long run. The teaching pattern is unique at Asian Law College which is helpful in building a strong foundation for all law students who are the future AIBE aspirants. ALC focusses on the competitive era as well as on the traditional university examination system. AIBE requires the concrete skill of students as the Multiple choice questions (MCQ) are in the form of question paper which is placed to adjudge the basic understanding of law students. The skills developed and enhanced of the students in the study of law course at Asian Law College makes it a cakewalk for all law students to prepare and appear confidently in AIBE which though being an open book examination is a real test of brain storming and legal understanding.